ChickHEN-R2: is an TIFF images exploit for all Sony PSP models (1000, 2000 and 3000) to run homebrew apps on official sony 5.03 firmware. It work in the PSP RAM to prevent any damage to the system.
CFw enabler: is an homebrew apps for use with ChickHen to enable custom firmware installed temporary in PSP RAM. Its use all the features of Custom Firmware and Recovery setting by DAX/M33. The last update is CFwEnabler 3.30 is now support PSP-300x and PSP-200x with TA-088v3.
- PSP-300x or PSP-200x TA-088v3 has Sony Firmware ‘5.03’ installed. other firmware is not supported. If you don’t have PSP 5.03 installed, you need to update it.
Version check: On the PSP Menu (also known as XMB= Xross Media Bar), and goto ‘Settings Menu’ >> ‘System Settings’ >> ‘System Information’ and you should see version of your PSP.
- An Memory Stick at least 32mb for ChickHEN & CFwenabler.
**Official Sony 5.03 Eboot. (No need, if PSP has firmware 5.03 installed.)
Installation Instructions:Note: All apps has work under PSP RAM Only..!! DON'T try to installing/Run any CFw Update on its, this can cause a brick PSP.
As always to read ‘Readme.txt’ to help you get started for Installation and usage. This software is free, and comes with no warranty, so please try this at your own risk!.
PSP Update 5.03 installation:
If PSP has 5.03 firmware, skip this step.
Copy ‘EBOOT.PBP’ of Official Sony 5.03 Eboot to ‘ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/’ (You can make a new folder called UPDATE in all uppercase letters). Then run the 5.03 firmware update from Game menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
ChickHEN & CFWEnabler Adding files:
- Extract the CHickHEN R2 archive and Copy the ‘PHOTO’ folder inside ‘Slim’ folder to ‘ms0:/PSP/’.
- Copy ‘h.bin’ of CHickHEN R2 to the root of Memory stick - ‘ms0:/’.
- Copy ‘CFWEnabler’ folder of CFW enabler 3.30 to ‘ms0:/PSP/GAME/’.
Firstly ‘Restore to Default Settings’ of PSP, and turn off ‘UMD Auto-Start and UMD Cache’ under setting menu. then,
Goto ‘XMB’ >> ‘Photo’ >> ‘Memory Stick’ and wait an ‘Options’ menu appear (Right Bottom), then hit ‘X’to open ‘ChickHEN’ folder.. And wait, you will see egg giff images, these will start to load thumbnails images. Your PSP may freeze and shutdown.
Just keep retrying 2 to 3 times until ChickHEN-R2 load up, you'll see flashing colors, and your PSP will reboot automatically into ChickHEN. You can see your PSP firmware is now ‘5.03 ChickHEN’. Its ready for homebrew!
Now goto ‘Game’ >> ‘Memory Stick’ then launch ‘CFWEnabler’, then select ‘Flash And Start’ to load custom firmware, its will ask you to process and write recovery setting to Flash0. When its done, PSP will reboot to XMB. You can see your PSP firmware is now ‘M33-6’.
Once again, launch ‘CFWEnabler’, and select ‘Configure’ to make your setting of the CFw features. Now your PSP have CFw installed, but its temporary only, If PSP has full turn off, its'll go back to the original firmware.. so use standby to keep ChickHEN loaded.
ChickHEN Trouble Shooting:When you got an trouble while running ChickHEN, try some methods of your psp setting,
- Change the ‘character set’ code to the ‘US (437)’ or ‘Multilingual latin 1 (850)’, this code are used for system access of some file types. Its most happen on PSP other than the US version.
- Adding 1 to 2 extra gif images, copy and paste with name e.g. ‘ChickHENe.gif’, ‘ChickHENf.gif’. Its most happen on High Speed memory stick pro duo. Fake MS or Not
- Don't save more images / photo into MS that used for chickhen.
- Don't change PSP Themes other than default setting, If you have its change, Restore PSP to Default Settings.
- Try to use other memory stick and format memory stick with PSP system.
- Move or Copy PICTURE Folder of ChickHEN to the root of MS.
Update: When you keep trying hard to loading chickHEN, Restore your psp to default setting, and copy the new files of chickHEN R2, old files may have been corrupted, then see how to Setup & Usage above.. If its still hard to load up, Move or Copy PICTURE Folder of ChickHEN to the root of the MS, Then try again..
Share & enjoy the Homebrew!