D2x augment the way the Wii accesses data. For instance, in order to access a hard drive instead of the disc, an IOS is needed to convert the function calls. d2x replaces the now obsolete IOS249.. The d2x cIOS is an enhanced version of the cIOSX rev21 by Waninkoko.
The prime reason you want to install d2x is for the IOS reload blocking. This makes virtually all games compatible with later versions of Configurable Usb Loader. Metroid Prime Trilogy was the most popular of these games that didn't work before but does now.
- Support IOS bases: IOS37 v5662, IOS38 v4123, IOS53 v5662, IOS55 v5662, IOS56 v5661, IOS57 v5918, IOS58 v6175.
- Installation slot support (200 --> 255 except slots 202, 222, 223, 224, 242 and 254).
- Online and offline installation (WAD Manager support).
- SD and USB devices support.
- Classic controllers, Wiimotes and Game Cube pads support.
- Support Ios=xxx version in the meta.xml file to fix the IOS used by d2x cIOS installer (only active without AHBPROT).
- Option to select the cIOS revision, Batch installation support.
- Module to save/load an installation config file.
- Module to save a NUS script.
- Uninstall cIOS feature restricted to the slots 200+.
D2x can actually be inserted into many/any slots, these versions (v8) are determined by the base IOS used. For maximum compatibility and ease of updating, this tutorial now gives you the following setup:
- Slot 248 - Base 56: Compatibility with most games and slightly faster read timing. Definitely use this for games with microphones and Wii Speak.
- Slot 247 - Base 57: Compatibility with many games. Definitely use this with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Using these slots means that you must also do the meta.xml steps of the USB Loader instructions. Feel free to experiment with other slots and bases. They won't hurt your Wii and you can reinstall any base over any slot at any time.
What you need..?
- Homebrew Channel installed.
- IOS236 installed.
- SD Card / USB Flash drive.
- Download IOS56 v5661 with Title ID 0000000100000038 with the Pack WAD option switched on to get IOS56-64-v5661.wad.
- Download IOS57 v5918 with Title ID 0000000100000039 with the Pack WAD option switched on to get IOS57-64-v5918.wad.
ModMii is really good too, but you need Windows to use it. Once you have the wad you can install them with a WAD Manager. The recommended configuration: 249 base 56, 250 base 57.
*D2X v8 Final.
*D2X Installer v3.1.
*MMM - WAD Manager.
*ModMii for Windows.
- Download and install ModMii v4.8.1 or higher on your PC.
- From ModMii's Main Menu, enter "4", then "beta".
- Select the d2x beta you want to build.
- Mark some or all d2x cIOSs for download (i.e. "d2x").
- Enter "D" then "Y" to build d2x beta cIOSs\WADs.
- Install cIOSs using a WAD Manager - i.e. WiiMod\MMM\YAWMM (also available on ModMii's Download Page 2).
- Download the latest d2x-cios-installer.
- Extract d2x-v8-final.zip into apps folder of your sd card or usb device. SD:/apps/d2x-cios-installer.
- NOTE: This will overwrite the file /apps/d2x-cios-installer/ciosmaps.xml possibly present in that folder.You might want to rename it before extracting the d2x package.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel, start the installer and follow the instructions on the screen.
Updating or reinstalling d2x.
In order to update or reinstall d2x, just do these steps again. Also, if you haven't done so before, perform the meta.xml steps of the USB Loader page as they are required for this IOS setup.
Author: davebaol, XFlak - code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/.