Shortcut360 is a small Windows apps, its a better version of QuickBoot! that allows you to build "short cut" LIVE containers to launch Xbox 360 applications directly from NXE on your XBOX360 console equipped with JTAG or RGH: the convenience lies in the fact that some homebrews like as FreeStyle Dash, are formed in the xex and not in a GOD (which allows booting from the dashboard).
The three main advantages of this are: Saves time by loading the application directly, rather than having to use Xex menu / Loader to browse the file tree and find the executable, Bypasses the 4GB size limit on live containers as you're not actually storing the application data in the live container, merely making a shortcut to it, and its allows you to load applications off of external hard drives etc. straight from NXE.
- Launch GOD titles.
- Launch XBLA titles.
- Fetch the info & icon from a given ".XEX" or "Container" that not shows up when using QuickBoot.
- Support Internal Memory Unit (IntMU) 4GB, and NAND Flash Console!
- Run the Shortcut360 program.
- Click "Add" button to add a new shortcut.
- Enter the shortcut information..
If you don't want to find out the information yourself, click the "..." button and select the "title.xex (default.xex) or the "Container".
On GOD games you only need the 44kb file to get the information from, none of the files in the ".data" directory are needed!
XBLA titles come in many sizes... luckily the information needed is stored right at the top of the "Container"!
- If you want to add a custom icon for the shortcut, click the icon box and it will let you choose your own icon! - If its too big it will let you know.
- PATH: Path must not include the drive name, and must not start with a leading "\"
My titles are located on "Hdd:\GAMES\" and "Usb0:\GAMES\" For a ".xex" title on "Hdd:\" you use "GAMES\SomeGame\default.xex".
For a "container" title on "Usb0:\" you also use "GAMES\SomeOtherGame\78DF35..."
So just "folder\some.xex" or "folder\someContainer" !!!!
- Click "Add" on the shortcut editor to add this shortcut to the shortcuts list! If you make/made a mistake with the shortcut info, simply "double-click" the shortcut in the shortcut list, and the editor will pop back up!
- Repeat above process until you have made all of your shortcuts.
- Select shortcuts to be made & click "Create", or just click "Create All" and all shortcuts will be made anyway.
- All shortcuts will be made in correct directory structure, ready to be FTP'd or sent over with 360 Content Manager/XeX Menu.
- Copy the generated shortcut to the USB drive.
- Copy the shortcut folder and contents to HDD1:\Content\0000000000000000\ and paste it there.
- XEX/GOD shows as XBOX360 Title.
- XBLA shows as XBLA.
- DEMO/HOMEBREW shows as DEMO.
- Shortcuts show as above in dash as requested, sorry it took so long!.
-Fixed: Disc num/of greater than 9 throws an error.
-Added: Auto skips $SystemUpdate dir. (Any case).
-Fixed: XGD2 and XGD3 ISO reading for shortcut info.
-Added: Network mapped drives now supported for scanning.
Share & enjoy the Homebrew!